AED performance verification
Heart Saver offers annual performance verification testing of AEDs. This is performed on-site by one of our trained professionals using internationally recognised and industry-leading AED / analysis equipment and testing procedures. This is an optional service.
A rescue-ready indicator is not a guarantee that your AED will shock. We recommend all AEDs, regardless of brand, are checked once a year, to make sure the unit is ready to go when / if you need it and to show you have exercised due care. For example, in some cases we have found the unit has been used and no one has replaced the pads, or the adhesiveness of the pads has degraded over time, making the device ineffective.
How does it work? Using our analysis equipment, the output is measured to ensure your unit meets the parameters set down by your AED manufacturer. On successful completion of the service, your AED will receive a Test & Tag label and you will receive a test report outlining the performance results of your AED.
AED battery and electrode pads have expiry dates. We keep record of these details for our clients to guarantee replacement in time.
Our annual on-site checks entail:
- A machine-simulated ‘live shock’ testing
- Full functionality testing
- Battery and pad expiration check
- Physical inspection and cleaning of your AED & components
- Full written inspection and performance report
- Cabinet / bracket integrity check
- Sourcing of replacement batteries and electrode pads on expiration
- Inclusion on AED Locations website if applicable
- All for $149 +gst
Call us on 0800 233 342 to discuss your AED testing requirements today.
Below are some examples of our AED ‘Live Shock’ Testing:
Medtronic LifePak CR Plus